Friday, September 12, 2008

Homemade Pizza

So my sister makes the best homemade pizza and I finally made it for myself. It turned out great but I still think it taste better when she makes it.  I also made the mistake of grabbing low fat mozzarella cheese and it just didn't taste right or even melt right.  We had pepperoni and mushrooms on ours and the boys enjoyed helped making it.

Pizza Crust:
1 Tbsp. yeast
1 Cup warm water
1 tsp. sugar
3 Cups flour
1 tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. olive oil
2 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese

In small bowl or cup combine yeast, warm water, and sugar. Then mix and set aside. In large mixing bowl combine the rest of the ingredients. Then add yeast mixture and stir as much as possible with a spoon. Kneed the dough by hand until smooth. Roll out and layer with any toppings you wish. In the pizza above I had rolled out the dough bigger then the stone and put cheese into the crust. Usually the crust is not so thick. The longer you let the dough sit on the stone the more thick your crust will be. I prefer the thin crust...so I throw it into the oven fast.
Bake at 325 for 13 minutes - I usually broil it for 1-2 minutes just to make it crispy on the top.

No comments: