Friday, October 10, 2008

Fall Leaves


I haven't really had a chance to decorate for fall but I have been enjoying the changing colors of the leaves though it seems to be taking a while. Today as I stood at the bus stop waiting for Colin, I noticed that only one tree on our street has changed color all the way to a magnificent orange. I wish I had my camera on me, but since I didn't I thought it would be fun to bring some of that color in to our home. After Colin's bus came we went over and gathered some leaves for our table, I really wasn't sure what to do with them. But I found a crystal bowl we received for our wedding and this is what I came up with. The plus is that it was completely free but the draw back in using real leaves is that they will dry out and have to be replaced every couple days. I won't light the candle it is just for looks I am not looking to start a fire in my house. If I had an electric one that would be fun to have in the middle.

No comments: